Thursday, July 17, 2008

Getting Organized

It’s been a few days since I’ve posted anything here but between meeting and other business duties, I simply rand out of hours in the days. That brings me to what I want to write about this morning. I know I’m not alone here because almost anyone who has their own business finds themselves in the situation of simply too much work to be done in too short a time frame.

I’m a very organized person. Some might even say overly so. I have however learned that the best way to maximize ones productivity is to be organized. This didn’t happen overnight for me. It took time and experimentation for me to develop systems that keep me organized.

Those that are relatively new to running their own business these days have a big advantage that I didn’t have when I started. Today the small business owner has a wide variety of resources to take advantage of from pieces of software all the way through the use of the internet.

There isn’t time or space to go into all the various resources but I do want to look at one particular type of organizing software that probably is the most useful. It’s also one that is usually not used to its fullest potential. That piece of software is a good PIM (Personal Information Manager).

Since there are so many different types of PIM’s on the market today, it would not be practical to talk about the capabilities of each one separately so my suggestion for every business person is to take 30 minutes or so and explore the PIM they are using. Re-read through the HELPS files for that particular PIM again. I would be surprised if you don’t find several more features that you can use to help you become more organized and in turn more productive.


Want To Increase The Traffic To Your Store? Get Listed In The Hand Made Product Directory Today!

Copyright © 1988-2008, The Hand Made Product Directory / New Creations Consulting, LLC

All rights reserved

info@dmpmc.net www.dmpmc.net/THMD

Subscribe To Our Monthly Newsletter

**********************************************************************


No comments: