Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Round Business Card

There was a study done a few years ago by the university of CA business college which focused on the use of different types of paper media (not newspaper or magazine type) as used in advertising. I’m not going into all the details but there were some really interesting facts that came out of this study.

One part of the study had to do with the shape of the paper media used. It turned out that odd shaped items were kept by the recipient 47% longer than just plane square or rectangle items were. Now think about this for a minute. What percentage of advertising that is on paper of one type or another that you have seen that isn’t either square or rectangle? No much I bet.

This being the case, why do we always make our business cards, flyers, posters and all the other things we give out to attract customers, either square or rectangle. Why not a triangle or round business card. One thing is for certain, they couldn’t get lost in a rolodex.

If someone gave me a round business card or flyer, the first thing I would think would be “man that person is innovative and has an imagination.”. My second thought would probably be “I wonder what else he makes that is different”. If they were trying to sell me something, they would certainly stand out in my mind above all the other salespeople I run across.

Isn’t that how we want our customers to think of us?

Copyright © 1988-2008, The Hand Made Product Directory / New Creations Consulting, LLC

All rights reserved

info@dmpmc.net www.dmpmc.net/THMD



No comments: