Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recycling Does Pay Off For This Store

Shopping Hand Made From The Shopping Directory Of

Unique Stores & Creations Of Creative People

Shopping is more fun when you find incredible quality at incredible prices!

Thousands Of Stores To Shop From


Long before it became a fad or was raised in the conscious of most Americans, we were recycling. It wasn’t so much a deliberate thing either. It was mostly the result of living and being raised on a farm where you just didn’t throw anything away. Those early learned habits carried over into my adulthood and to some they were carried over way too much. I’m generally known as a pack rat. I just hate throwing anything away. It never seems to fail that the minute I give something the pitch, I have to go out and buy it.

According to my wife, I definitely am over the edge in this area. Just because I have two 55 gal drums of bent nails and another one of old screws doesn’t make me a pack rat. Or does it. Anyway, the point of all this is that I’m really into recycling things, anything. That’s why when I see a store that specializes in the concept of recycling and up-cycling items, I always make a special note of it.

A Second Chance is one of those stores that not only takes the concept of recycling and up-cycling seriously, they do it with some flair and style. I should probably notice that their focus is on clothing and not bent nails. I envy people who are good with a needle and thread and can create really neat items. Personally, I have trouble sewing a button on without sewing it to my finger.

I think this piece from their store header pretty well sums up what they do, “A desire to make a difference & one joyful artist make up A Second Chance. Unique, fiber art pieces are created from 100’s of forgotten sweaters w/ rich textures & stunning colors. 100% RECRAFTED/RECLAIMED keeping post-consumer goods from the landfill.” I don’t think any more explanation is necessary about what they do.

As you can see from the picture above, there are a lot of different item types for any shopper to choose from. If you are looking for something earth friendly and on the green side this holiday season or at any time, you can’t go wrong by taking a few minutes and browsing through the many products offered at A Second Chance

Want To Increase The Traffic To Your Store? Get Listed In The Hand Made Product Directory Today!

Copyright © 1988-2008, The Hand Made Product Directory / New Creations Consulting, LLC

All rights reserved

info@dmpmc.net www.dmpmc.net/THMD

Subscribe To Our Monthly Newsletter







Turbo Tagger
Feed Shark
hits counter

No comments: